It’s incredulous how fast this year is going. May is here and before we know it, Summer will be in full swing. Lately, I’ve been trying to use up as many beauty products, ranging from 3-6 products a month. This has helped me rediscover some products in my kit, as well as make room for future purchases. In the month of April, I found myself reaching for some of my favorites that I would re-purchase, and others not so much. Below I listed my empties for the month of April.
Feel free to share your April empties!
Bath &Body Works Fragrance Mist in Paris Amour and Carried Away
1. CoverGirl All Day Flawless 3-IN-1 Foundation– I love this foundation! It last all day, has full coverage, and comes in so many shades, and how can I forget the awesome price tag, $10. Perfect for the night on the town, or if you just want to look flawless.
(Shade: Almond Glow)
3. Nars Radiant creamy Concealer– This concealer works miracles for the under-eye. It conceals, highlights, and last throughout the day without creasing. I hate the price, but I can’t resist this incredible product. (Shade: Amande)
4. Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer– I don’t use this product as a concealer. I honestly don’t think it conceals much. The product is very opaque, so I use it as a highlighter. Might I add it does a great job highlighting the face. (Shade:Honey)
5. Katy Perry For Eylure Day To Evening Lash ‘Oh Honey’– I love these lashes, they just make the eyes “pop”. I scored a BOGO deal at Ulta, so I racked up. I have already reused these lashes 5 times.
6. Nars Blush– I’m a sucker for Nars’s blushes, but out of the many blushes I own from the brand, I tend to reach for Orgasm. This blush gives a healthy glow to the skin, and last all day. My other favorites are Dolce Vita, Exhibit A, and Seduction.
7. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner– This gel eyeliner works great if you have oily eyelids like myself. It doesn’t run, and last throughout the day, even if you’re a crier.
8. Nars Pressed Powder– I use this powder to set my foundation. It mattifies my face all day without looking cakey. (Shade: Heat).
9. Urban Decay Primer Potion– My favorite go-to eye primer. Helps keep eyeshadow in place with no creasing, and last all day.
10. Volum’ Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara by Maybelline– If you have short, stubby, curly lashes like myself, then you might want to reach for this product to elongate, and volumize your lashes. It gets the job done.
I would love to know what your top 10 Makeup Products of 2013 are
I really like this concealer for travel use, and for on the go. It glides onto the skin, and is a very good color match. In addition, it last all day with the help of a setting powder, and conceals nicely. However, I won’t repurchase this concealer, for the simple fact of it having a small amount of product, and the price. I’m sure there are some alternatives that many other brands offer. Let my discovery begin!
Can be a tad bit messy, but you can opt for the pressed powder
As much as I like the Black Opal powder, I noticed it didn’t last throughout the day. I often found myself, reapplying it after lunch. After finishing my Black Opal loose powder, I decided to try a new product. I headed to Sephora, where I purchased my very first Bobbi Brown product. I picked up the Sheer Finish Loose Powder and I’m happy I did! If you have oily skin like me, then this product will work wonders for you. It’s lightweight, absorbs oil, and leaves my face with little to no oil or shine (after 9 hours). During workdays, I prefer concealer and powder for a natural look. This powder sets my concealer in place, and gives me a flawless finish. Bobbi Brown offers a total of 10 shades, including the newer shades: Golden Brown, and Warm Chestnut. I’m excited for my next Bobbi Brown purchase 😉
Any recommendations for my next Bobbi Brown purchase?