A tad bit hard to get the amount of product you want out
After watching so many Youtube gurus rave about the La Girl concealer, I gave in and started my hunt for these concealers. I contacted the La Girl Headquarters, so they could direct me to the stores that carry their products. To make a long story short, I drove 25-30 minutes to a local hair store, and was lucky enough to get these 3 concealers in my possession.I love using the concealers for a hight light and contoured look. I get a smooth application, with great coverage. I find using a damp beauty blender gives me an airbrushed, flawless finish. I can honestly say, these concealers are comparable to the MAC Prolong Concealer. I find these concealers work great as an everyday use, and perfect for travel when on the go. I would definitely re-purchase these concealers in more shades, once the hair store restocks. A new staple to my collection!
Hi Dolls! After accumulating so many lipsticks over the years, I decided to make a lipstick palette. In the past, I found it too much of an annoyance to organize my lipsticks and make room for new ones. I tried the lipstick holder, and other containers, but I find de-potting them to be the most efficient method. In the past, I’ve used clear containers from JoAnne’s & Michael’s, but I prefer the MAC palettes, because their durable, sleek, and inexpensive. With that said, this is how I label and depot my lipsticks.
What You Need
Lipsticks of choice
Step 1: Place newspaper/paper towels down on desk, light your candle and place down onto the newspaper. This will limit a messy area.
Step 2: Select your lipstick, twist up, and cut the lipstick at the base with the spatula onto the spoon. Scoop the remaining lipstick thats at the bottom of the tube with the spatula.
Step 3: Hold spoon over candle until lipstick is thoroughly melted
Step 4: Pour lipstick into empty palette and let cool
This is my first Illamasqua makeup purchase, aside from the nail lacquer I purchased months ago. I decided to pick this item up, because I’ve always heard great things about the brand especially their blushes. And since I received a Sephora gift card from my sister for Christmas, it only felt right to purchase some new items. This blush is gorgeous from the blush itself to the packaging: It has tiny gold sparkles in it, it’s really pigmented, and it gives this flush of healthy glow to the skin. I find that using this blush the best way is with a blush blush and a light hand. I got a lot of fallout when applying it onto the cheeks, but tapping the excess can keep the fallout to a minimal. Overall, I’m happy with the product and I know I’ll get a lot of use of it in the summer.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE ILLAMASQUA PRODUCTS?
1. CoverGirl All Day Flawless 3-IN-1 Foundation– I love this foundation! It last all day, has full coverage, and comes in so many shades, and how can I forget the awesome price tag, $10. Perfect for the night on the town, or if you just want to look flawless.
(Shade: Almond Glow)
3. Nars Radiant creamy Concealer– This concealer works miracles for the under-eye. It conceals, highlights, and last throughout the day without creasing. I hate the price, but I can’t resist this incredible product. (Shade: Amande)
4. Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer– I don’t use this product as a concealer. I honestly don’t think it conceals much. The product is very opaque, so I use it as a highlighter. Might I add it does a great job highlighting the face. (Shade:Honey)
5. Katy Perry For Eylure Day To Evening Lash ‘Oh Honey’– I love these lashes, they just make the eyes “pop”. I scored a BOGO deal at Ulta, so I racked up. I have already reused these lashes 5 times.
6. Nars Blush– I’m a sucker for Nars’s blushes, but out of the many blushes I own from the brand, I tend to reach for Orgasm. This blush gives a healthy glow to the skin, and last all day. My other favorites are Dolce Vita, Exhibit A, and Seduction.
7. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner– This gel eyeliner works great if you have oily eyelids like myself. It doesn’t run, and last throughout the day, even if you’re a crier.
8. Nars Pressed Powder– I use this powder to set my foundation. It mattifies my face all day without looking cakey. (Shade: Heat).
9. Urban Decay Primer Potion– My favorite go-to eye primer. Helps keep eyeshadow in place with no creasing, and last all day.
10. Volum’ Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara by Maybelline– If you have short, stubby, curly lashes like myself, then you might want to reach for this product to elongate, and volumize your lashes. It gets the job done.
I would love to know what your top 10 Makeup Products of 2013 are
With the fast approach of the New Year, many may have no idea what to wear.So, I put together six different looks to choose from whether your going to the club, a house party, church, or any fun venue. I hope this post may help some, and I want to wish everyone a Happy Prosperous New Year, be safe and Thank you all for the continued support.